Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ramadan Mubarak

Ramadan Mubarak!! It's really strange not fasting for Ramadan. Quite honestly, I can't remember when I didn't fast for Ramadan. Okay, I guess I have some random childhood memories, but overall, the greater portion of my life has consisted of fasting during this holy month. I was bummed out for a second until I received a post from a good e-friend on one of my baby boards. Here it is:

A hadeeth recorded by Al Tabarani:

Addressing Salamah (radhi Allaho anha), the nurse of his son Ibrahim (radhi Allaho anho), the Prophet (sal Allaho alaihi wa sallam) said:

"Does it not please any one of you that if she conceives by her husband and he is satisfied with her, she receives the reward of fasting and vigil for Allah's sake? And none of the dwellers of Heaven or Earth know about the coolness of her eyes (the reward) she will get for the labor pains she suffered.

When she delivers, not a mouthful of milk flows from her and not an instance of the child's suck, but that she receives for every suck and mouthful the reward of a good deed.

If she is kept awake by her child during the night she receives the reward of freeing seventy slaves for the sake of Allah."

The Prophet (sal Allaho alaihi wasallam) then said: "O Salamah, do you know which women are being referred to? Those who despite piety and
enjoying a respectable position obey their husbands and do not belittle them."


-------

Ya Allah, your mercy is mind blowing.

3 comments:

Mina said...

i wonder if it counts that I didnt have any labor pains! :)

Umm Amirah said...

Alhumdulillah, Ramadan Kareem.
This is why I had two unmedicated births. The hadith so sums it up.
Ma salaama
Ummie A

Saraax said...

LOL @ darkangel, but yea Im glad you reminded us of this! Makes me feel soo much better about not having time for all the 'extras' I used to do during ramadan! :)