Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Grattitude

I was a little late with Zayd's afternoon feeding. Hubby and I had dentist appointments today that ran a little longer than I expected. Zayd slept through both appointments, then immediately proceeded to scream like a banshee on the ride home. I tired to hold his hand, stroke his hair, and talk to him to no avail. Of course it seemed like we caught every red light ever created on our ride home. By the time we got home I was literally untying my shirt in the doorway to feed my hungry baby. I don't even know how to describe the emotion that arises from hearing your baby scream from hunger.

So, I get Zayd all attached on and there is peace in my world. I notice that he is really chugging it down, but I decide to leave him alone since he seems so content. I finally detach him and sit him up to burp. Zayd looks at me with this drunken euphoria then throws up all over both of us. He then proceeds to bend over face first in his "creation" in a deep content slumber. Strange as it seems, the moment was kind of touching for me. Ahh, the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

Saraax said...

OOOOOOO your first car ride with a screaming baby! What fun, what fun! LOL It pulls at the heartstrings, I know...inshallah Allah will give you the strength to endure, because trust me, it wont be the last, lol