Thursday, September 13, 2007

Moby Wrap

I'm in no way trying to endorse certain baby products, but my Moby Wrap is truly a life saver. I ordered it online after observing a woman in my belly dancing class complete the whole class with her infant tied to her in the wrap. I spent weeks obsessing over which color I would order before deciding on the turquoise. When the wrap came in the mail, I spent the next few days reading the manual in anticipation of using it. I couldn't really get a good feel for its use due to my pregnant belly.

I think I put Zayd in the wrap for the first time when he was a week old. He immediately calmed down from crying once I got him all secure. Now the wrap is a daily staple, especially when it comes to me preparing dinner. Most of the time Zayd falls asleep shortly after he gets in.

Here is a photo of us headed outside for a short walk to go visit my friend Anna and her new baby. Zayd really likes it when I wrap him in a way where his legs can hang out.


6 comments:

Mrs. PhD Extraordinaire said...

I love your BLOG!! Zayd has many many adventures:) Congrats to Anna on the newborn as well. This is Muslimah BTW!

Zayd's Grandmother said...

Ramadan Murbarak!!
You look so beautiful carrying Zayd in your Moppy! I am so grateful to have all of you in my life.

Love,
Mom

Umm Amirah said...

ASA,
Girl i just can't get with it.
I luv my peanut shell though. Asima seems to dig it too.
Maybe we need to post a pic on my blog.
Seems like motherhood is very becomming **smootches**
Ma salaama
Ummie A

Anonymous said...

As Salaamu Alaikum, I am truly inspired by your comments Azizah. After reading your last post I felt tears well up in my eyes. I am thankful that we all have the blessing of Zayd. May your love and compassion for him make him develop into a beautiful human being.

Anonymous said...

Ziz, I love this one! Haha, I was at the belly dancing class with you when we saw that woman with the Mopy Wrap! I swear, you have been dying to get that wrap ever since then. I think you wanted it so bad that you were willing to put books in it until Zayd came along! I am so glad you finally got a wrap and a baby to put it in! :-) You two look so cute in it.

Anonymous said...

As Salaamu Alaikum Sis,

Its me Jameelah (Taq'ee & Hasnaa's Mommy). Azizah we are soooo elated for you and Bro. Khalid. Taq'ee, Hasnaa and I are enjoying the wonderful experience of baby "Zayd". The children and I were laughing so hard when you shared the story of the "first date" at the Cheesecake Factory. We Miss You extremely. The children said that Zayd is beautiful. I agree. Much love, Sis. Jameelah