Friday, September 14, 2007

G-Dad

My daddy sent Zayd the cutest card and signed it "G-Dad." I had to laugh at that, because I've never heard of a grandfather referred to as such. I guess he thinks it sounds cool or something.

My daddy turned 70 in July, and I was very happy to give him his first grandchild a month later. I think 70 years is long enough to wait for a grandchild. It goes to show you that patience pays off.

From early on in my pregnancy, I envisioned what it would be like to hand my child over to father for the first time. Thoughts of that day helped me get through some of the not-so-great things about pregnancy.

Zayd met his grandfather for the first time three days after he was born. The two had a 2AM introduction in my home after my dad's long flight from California. After ordering my dad to wash his hands, I placed a wide awake Zayd in his arms.


Zayd has brought about so many priceless moments in his short life time, but seeing the smile that he brought to my daddy's face had to be on my Top 5 list. I pray that Zayd and his G-Dad create many memories together.

4 comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Does this mean we don't get to call him Pappy?

Raha said...

A grandparent and grandchild relationship is so precious. Soon your parents won't remember you and Zayd will get all their attention!

VenusAnderson said...

Precious! Your dad looks happy!

Anonymous said...

Good post.