Thursday, February 11, 2010

Seven Months!!

Zuri Mama. Who told you you could grow up so quickly?? What happened to my little nursing rag-doll who made her appearance on the foyer floor in July? Zuri Baby Doll, where exactly did the time go? I know it was hot when you arrived, and now we have record breaking snow on the ground. Why does it seem like it was only yesterday??

Zuri Love, a part of me wants to ask Allah to slow this process down, but the wiser side knows that, alhamdullilah, growth is a blessing. I am so thankful for your good health and rapid development. You are seriously trying to walk!!

Zuri Mama, you are the quintessential second child. Far less hoopla, far less pictures, far less worry from your daddy and I, but the love- Zuri Baby Girl, I didn't know I could love like this. Opening my heart to a second child has been, by far, one of the most profound experiences in my life. I am so thankful for my "surprise" baby girl. You bring our family so much joy.

Zuri Zuu, you really are a mess. I've come to the conclusion that you've substituted my boob for your umbilical cord. This morning, your daddy just gave me the longest hug. We both agree that you spent at least 80% of the night nursing furiously. I know you are teething, and I know that that's got to be hard, but just try to save some breast tissue for the next baby, insha'Allah, okay Love.

Zuri bint Khalid, the snow is so beautiful. Alhamdullilah, we are having an amazing winter. We got the best of the California sun, followed by experiencing record snowfall. I am having a ball dressing you in fuzzy leg warmers and your brother's hand-me-down Robeez boots. Daddy had been home with us since Tuesday -- the roads are too bad for him to go to work. We have been kicking it like teenagers -- you and your brother have been like guest at our party!!

Let me tell you a little about yourself. You like to:

1. Scream at people (Yes, I placed that at the top for a reason...in your defense, it might be teething related).
2. Pull up on things and yell triumphantly
3. Nurse like a banchee
4. Jack all of Zayd's toys (All I hear is "No Baby! Nooo!! Danger-wuss!!"
5. Crawl over and shake the gate.
6. Act shy around new people
7. Chew on power cords (Sad, but true)
8. Beg for whatever I'm eating
9. Delight us with your smile
10. Nurse all night and sleep in between Daddy and I like the biggest hater on the block.... I'm thinking this is some type of evolutionary thing, to keep yourself as the youngest for as long as possible.
11. Take baths with your brother


Things you'll likely use against me and/or tell your therapist about later in life:

1. We are just getting your "Big Girl" room together
2. We owe you a professional photo shoot
3. You still don't technically have a set schedule
4. Sometimes I purposefully leave food on the floor for you to find later -- you get so excited!!

All and all, I feel like I am finally settling in to being the mother of two. I am looking forward to Spring, insha'Allah, and taking you and Zayd out as much as possible. Wait until you see the cherry blooms for the first time. As for now, I'm trying to just enjoy each moment of this amazingly crazy journey.

Thank you Allah so very much for this beautiful family. I pray that my gratitude is far,far greater than my occasional attitude.....Amen.

No comments: