Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On Parenting

Zayd, you are doing art. Zuri, you're abut to go into the Ergo so that I can accomplish some home task, insha'Allah. We're debating a winter walk, at least we'll hang out on the deck, insha'Allah.

It dawned on me today that what I want for you two is to witness an Islamic Revival. I too long for Andalusia. Mommy minute-- "Beautiful circle Zayd, ohh, I love it!!". Okay, back. I want a Muslim home filled with love, laughter, well loved visitors, not excess but comfort. Not Jennah, clearly, but the goodness of this world. I ask for it everyday in my du'a --"Oh Allah, I seek the goodness of this world and the hereafter".

Wow, what if-- I mean --- I'm supposed to and all. Yeah, I'm going to just --- can we say Yakeen (Certainty).

Oh Allah, guide my heart, my tongue, my words, my actions, my deeds. Let me praise You and exalt You in the best way that I can. The best of what you made me. I get it -- complicatingly simple. Alhamdulilah.

No comments: