Friday, February 26, 2010

Sakinah Circle, cont.

Zuri,
You are sleeping on the back of your father. Typical Mommy style, I took a picture, which I will, insha'Allah, load later. I slept on the back of my father, I don't remember, but this I know. Little girls should sleep on the backs of their fathers-- what a safe place to be.

Zuri, you are a child, and your home and your family should always be your safe place. I pray Allah that these things are true for you your whole life. I am trying, but there is no better effort than prayer and teaching you and your brother knowledge of The Creator. I am but a vessel for Him. The human body is but a vessel for the Spirit- a mother for her child.

I love my father. I love my father so much that I wonder if I am strange. He has been a constant friend, companion, supporter, safe place to go. We've had some of the most amazing experiences of our live's, together.

I love my husband. A husband is not a father. I soo learned that the hard way. A husband is, for all intensive purposes, a father in training. Guess who does the training -- ah haa, the wife. It's difficult, yet not impossible, to train a man to be a father, if he has yet to be a husband. There is wisdom in the saying of the elders.

I love Him. He who created mankind. I love Him the most. Or so I purport. I love Him the most, yet I mention Him last. My paradigm has to shift:

God
Husband
Father

Lol. OUR PARADIGM has to SHIFT. Love God! Love God! Love God! Then you'll really learn to love your husband -- then through the mercy of your Father, you will really learn to LOVE Him. Ohh, it's a circle-- not a Pyramid.

No comments: