Friday, February 26, 2010

Death to the Ego!

Am I the only one who lives in the realm of backwards knowledge? Its like i insight fully figure out something, Alhamdullilah, then this same "original" thought is proofed by the works of another. Which is then ultimately proofed by the Quran.... Backwards Knowledge. I can't help but-after doing this oh so many times, conclude that this is, by far, this thing we call "life" -- this is a human condition. Not Jew, Christian, Muslim, Life Submitter -- this is The Human Condition. We all need You.. How we got so confused along the way, I do not know. I have so much i want to say abut Your Grandeur and Your Glory. (You know you are sprung when you can't help but think about something... all the time... and then some). I mean what am I supposed to do. The hiding it thing's not really my style -- ha, a, yes, You know.

Case in Point: Hi, I'm Azizah Ahmad, and I have a close, personal, and loving relationship with God. Oh, by the way, not only am I not perfect, I'm about as "statistically" as far away from His glory than one can humanly get..Did I mention to you that I'm a women also? A Black women. A Muslim woman? Fine, most people will likely be like - huh? My response, Google Two Words: Aminah Wadud.


You see. Oh yeah, You made.... You don't care?? Ohh, I see-- I don't think you care-- yeah, big difference.

Okay, let's try this time: (Dark room full of strangers -- Anon-esqe). Hi, I'm Azizah.... (pause for polite responds). I have been emptied out and retrained that this "God thing "was a far-off menacing entity that wanted to burn me in hell for major infractions like --- wait, damn near everything that occurred in my life. Yeah, that about sums it. Then, all of a sudden, He manifested His Glory to me ....... right. They are going to lock me up. You're cool with this? That's who You are? Riiiiggght, I don't even know you like that. Let me look at your card one more time:

YOU are:
The Majestic
The Compeller (clearly)
The Mighty
The Protector
The Guardian of Faith
The Source of Peace (amen)
The Holy
The Sovereign Lord (yeah, that's real swagger)
The Merciful
The Beneficient.....

Yeah, fine. I'll tell the world. I am sprung, punch drunk, head over heels, call-the-radio-station-and -dedicate-a-song-to YOU, sprung on YOU... do you like me?

Circle: Yes or No... I can't help it. You made me funny!!


I'm gonna get a tee shirt made -- Azizah loves GOD. Yeah-- a little too flashy for my taste, as you know.