Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Morning

9:18AM and Zayd is still asleep. Zuri Mama, you're crawling on the floor babbling something about something or another. I feel guilty grabbing this little swatch of time to write and reflect, but Alhamdullilah, I can honestly say that I've worked hard to earn it.

Our organization/housework routine is going well, alhamdulliah. We've both failed in a few small minor areas, but we're both stressing consistency, rather than unattainable perfection. Hey, love what Allah love we both say.

I love working with my husband. Wow, that statement is shocking to even me. As much as we bump heads, when it's good, it's really good. I thank Allah for such a beautiful mate.

Less chores has allowed me to spend much more time in the place that I LOVE -- the kitchen. I've been putting as much love, prayer, and umphh in my food as humanly possible. Khalid seems to love it. Zayd is a little harsher of a critic.

We want to act like we're better than premium fish sticks and Annie's fries, but when you get the best of the best, it's still REALLY good!! I love that it's a dinner tonight that we will all love, insha'Allah. I love my funny food snob husband too.

Okay, Zuri fussy butt butt needs direct eye contact.

Todays Quranic Reflection: Remember the trials of Job.
Task: Teleconference Halaqah preperation. Du'a & more du'a.

No comments: