Friday, February 26, 2010

Clean

There is a fierce wind blowing outside. The type of wind that encloses the very structure of your harm, warning you to beware.

I'd brave it if I had someplace in particular to go, but truthfully, no, not really.

Okay, there is Jummah Prayer, but wind, two kids, naptime--Yeah, no, not really. Only if Khalid is home, or I just get ultra desperate...can't say I[ve gotten that desperate yet, but watch me eat my words sooner than later. Thak you Allah for Lighthouse Mosque and their website. Virtual jummah , here we come.

So, what do you do on a day like this.

I want to clean. I want to clean my home; vacum, scrub, discard, organize, beautify. I want to burn incense and listen to Quran. I want to get a phone call or two -- i want to be my mother's child.

Zayd is going to help me. Baby Sistah has already decided that Friday isn't her day-- it's 9:13Am, mind you.

Here is to Nag Champa. Dust clothes. Good old bleach. And elbow grease.

Mood: 'Elington Was Not a Street' , Ntozake Shange
Kids; Zayd Oatmeal. Zuri-- screaming, just a rad-- kinda a mellow scream.

No comments: