Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God is, God Is, God Is

I've been really thinking lately about taqwa. What does it mean, how does it apply to my life, how do I develop it in myself and cultivate it in my family.

What I love about Allah's creation is the internal compass. Most times, when I'm doing something displeasing to Allah, I feel some shame or guilt -- in some aspect of another. Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, questioned his own actions at time, and he was clearly in higher esteem with God than I.

The moral compass seems to be a good place to start-- maybe even the best. Shortly after, I'd have to say in my own humble opinion is knowledge. However knowledge must be implemented with kindness, and in a way understood by the recipient. Without the kindness, the patience, the wisdom, knowledge falls on deaf ears. I've seen this in my own life at least.

Sums it up well. Cited from Al Mahgrib Institute.


One of our Muslim ancestors said:
"How sweet Iman is when it's beautified with Knowledge.
And how sweet Knowledge is when it's beautified with Implementation.
And how sweet Implementation is when it's beautified with Kindness.

The greatest pair of things is Implementation coupled with Kindness."

No comments: