Friday, February 19, 2010

Peace be unto you




As salaam alaikum,
My little bald-headed chicken. Why are you just the sweetest thing? Is there anything sweeter than a baby? Oky, toddler kisses and encouragement also rank high on my list of luvies, but a baby...ahhh. I found myself sniffing you and rubbing your little bald spot with my nose and lips. It's my favorite thing to do when you're asleep in my arms. I wish I could bottle your scent, the softness of your fuzzy hair, your laugh. I never tire of your toothless grin. My baby.

I pray that you are more than I -- so much more. More pious, more knowledgeable, more patient, more kind, of greater taqwa, of better character. I pray all of these things in the wee hours of the morning. Insha'Alah. Insha'Allah.

I encompass all of that in my sincere prayer that you never, ever, not even for one mili second, doubt my undying and unconditional love for you.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

What a beautiful love letter.