Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What is vs. What Ought to Be

I read a case in law school, where the judge made a good distinction about "what is", versus "what ought to be". I don't know, but the sheer truth of that statement really hit home with me. Hypothetically, one would think if one got up at 3Am to have some "personal time" in the bathroom, one would be alone. I mean hypothetically and all. However, what "is", isn't always what "ought" to be. So when Zayd decided to curl up in my arms and join me on this hypothetically 3Am bathroom trip, I was kind of cool. I mean not really, but too sleepy to care. Now when Zuri woke up screaming and trying to get to the new "Party on The Toilet", things got a little strange. Parenthood is some hilariously unpredictable stuff. That is both, "what is", and what "ought to be".

As salaam alaikum.

3 comments:

FM said...

Ha ha!! Isaiah loves bonding during bathroom time. Babies love the mamas and mamas love the babies lol.

The Dreamer said...

@Tiara - I seriously thank you are the only one that still reads this. Thank you & thank you again. It's kinda become more of a diary for me-- lol. Evolution I guess. Lemme check on you all via your blog. lol.

Unknown said...

I read it! and Love it!