Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Good Morning Loves

As salaam alaikum Z-Team,

It's 7:41AM, and for all intensive purposes, this is the time that can make or break our day. Your father just left, frantically, after trying to do a million things. I think that man gets about 4.5 hours of sleep a night. (I have to help enforce a bedtime routine with him...wow, I sound like a mom.) Poor thing, he worked late, only to come home to find me sprawled across the bed with Zuri sleeping on my back in the Ergo Baby. I know I gave him the greetings, before pleading for him to "take her" off my back. On a brighter note, he loved the dinner that I made especially for him... I didn't see him eat it, but he told me such.

Wow, that sounds extremely pessimistic and self defeating, but I've found it to be true, more times than not. Without proper planning, preparation, and set goals, life becomes a little more "challenging" than normal -- and surely Allah knows best.

Alhamdullilah, I've gotten out morning routine much better, but the afternoons still turn into a little bit of a lull or pandemonium. Hence the reason why I am calling my babysitter reference today -- high five to myself!!

Okay, so this is Week 2 of our organizational change. Alhamdullilah, things have been going so far, so good. I'm still not giving the bedroom enough time in the evenings, but FORGIVENESS is my theme of the week -- yeah, this includes forgiving myself.

So, I've laid out your fathers clothes every day but once -- he beat me to it. I've made his lunch everyday but I think once -- yeah, he did it for me again. I've made really GOOD dinners, masha'Allah. I am such an emotional cook. I guess that saying, "Happy Wife, Happy Life", holds a lot of truth.

You guys seem to be thriving off of having a little more predictability. Okay, that's an abject lie. You all seem to be happy just walking around tearing up stuff, but I seem to be happier, and you all seem to be no less happier, so I see that as a win/win.

Wednesday is supposed to be our inside day, however, I'm not sure if I even want an inside day. We've had soooo maaaannny forced inside days with the snow, that the idea of getting out is intoxicatingly fun to me. Zayd loves it. Zuri, you might just be the sweetest anti-social person I've ever met..and I love you, just as you are.

The Family Calender was a lovely addition. Insha'Allah, I can find more working pens -- ohh, my life -- and really pimp-it-out with different colors and stuff. I freaking love organization and predictability.

I'm going to shame myself to stick EXACTLY to our house work schedule, insha'Allah. It's not too hard, and it really makes life easier. So yeah-- shame..

So, right NOW I should be:
1. Thinking about dinner (see, I'm late, that was a last nights task)
2. Laying out clothes for today (yup, another last nights task)
3. Getting dressed to socks (umm..nope)
4. Checking To-Do List that was written yesterday for today.. (dead silence)

Okay, so maybe... yeah, well still it's going better. Not perfect, but better. Gosh, I really need to stop laughing at myself so much. Man, but your mother is funny, masha'Allah.

Ya Rahmaan, Ya Rahim, let me surrender to being be a mere vessel or Your will -- today, and always. Ameen.

1 comment:

FM said...

Azizah, the Z-team is going to love this blog when they get older. You are such an inspiration in the way you have devoted yourself to your family. I am going to go home and cook my loves a delicious meal tonight and make sure everyone is in bed at a reasonable time.