Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Zayd is Feeling Better!!



Alhamdullilah, Zayd seems to be feeling much better. He still has a hoarse voice, which makes him sound like a baby reptile, and some "snot issues," as we like to put it, but he seems to be back to his regular happy self.

I think we were both beginning to feel like caged animals. We'd been in the house since late Sunday nigh and the walls were starting to close in. The days and nights felt the same for me and nothing seemed to amuse Zayd anymore. Our life seemed like a continuous cycle of sickness.

When Tariq & Muslimah (aka The Newlywed Lovebirds) invited us over for a Sunday Obama Brunch, we were all more than happy to accept. There are few things more fun than going over to their place and watching them play with all their cool kitchen gadgets. I admit that I'm not really into politics, but I could happily pretend for a day out of the house.

Zayd decided to go kind of Neo-Soul, with his yellow Oaklandish tee shirt, his brown chill pants, and his favorite brown boots. Not everyone is a fan of his fuzzy brown Roobez boots, but since he's my kid and I like them, he likes them too.

The brunch was lovely - great people, thought-provoking political conversation, adorable kids, a spirit of change in the air. Uncle Ismael and Nicole even came by to join in on the fun. Did I mention the food? The Belgian waffles were so fluffy that that it tasted like eating a deliciously hot, brown, crispy, yet soft, cloud. We might invite ourselves over their place a little more often for more waffles.

Zayd is so vocal now. He seemed like he was on a mission to over-talk everyone in the room. I guess the kid has caught the Obama bug, because he just had a lot to say! I was also impressed on how much the child can move. He rolled and scooted all over the place. I predict that we're going to be running after him very soon. It was good to see him feeling better.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im glad Zayd is feeling better.

But I am with the group on the boots.

Mrs. PhD Extraordinaire said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed our Barack Brunch!! It's not that I dislike the boots, they are cute! The man child might have something to say though about his pants tucked inside ;p

Anonymous said...

Zayd is extra stylish...ya'll need to back off my nephew!

look at nicole and ismael!!

soo darn cute i can't stand it!