Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Zayd's First Date

Okay, technically it wasn't really Zayd's date. My husband had the wonderful idea to go out to eat last Monday. We hadn't been out to eat since Zayd was born, so we were both really excited. Baby Adam gave Zayd the cutest outfit of all times, and I decided that Date Night was the perfect occasion to wear it. I got Zayd dressed and put him in the carseat while Khalid and I handled some last minute odds and ends. Sometimes Zayd loves the carseat, other times he hates it. On this night he had to think about what position he wanted to take. It ended with him hating the carseat and kicking his sock off in protest of his confinement. Yes, I got it all on camera.








Our date began with a lovely dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We then headed to my favorite grocery store of all times, Whole Foods. Our date ended with casual conversation over spiced apple cider at Starbucks. I know this may sound really lame, but I think this might've been my best date ever. It felt so good to be out enjoying a warm fall evening. I never knew a Monday night could be so much fun.

Aside from the sock incident, Zayd was a perfect angel the whole night. He slept through all of dinner, and napped on and off in Starbucks. On the way home he got kind of rowdy, but that was mostly because he was getting hungry. I think we all had a great time.

Pre-date photos (Kinda like prom):




6 comments:

Raha said...

Zayd is going to be tall.

KA said...

Masha'Allah, he is getting so big! Wow. He is rockin' the argyle. :-)

Mina said...

Date, date, date!! They are great at that age to get out!!! They just chill!

Anonymous said...

Zayd called me and said that he wanted me to send him some shoes. he told me not to tell you that he was already using the phone so don't tell him i told you...But he said he liked those baby soft Jordans and said that he promised if I bought them he wouldn't kick them off like socks...

we'll see!

Zayd's Auntie

Unknown said...

Zayd is a superstar, and doesn't even know it yet!

Anonymous said...

I love this website. Everytime I read the posts I smile deep down inside. Thank you and Khalid for sharing your special blessing with us all.