Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Love of My Own

Perspective truly is everything. I could lament about how I lost my voice, the airline lost my luggage, and I'm awake at 4:21 AM with a miserably sick Zayd and an incessantly nursing Zuri. I could, and I guess I kind of did, but it's okay. It's okay for so many more reasons than it's not, and that's the beauty in it all.

A dear friend implemented making a list of things she was grateful for before she went to bed. What a good idea. Truthfully, the ability to go to bed would likely be my choice for slots 1-5, but in the meantime..

Here, in this moment, I am grateful for:

1. A milk filled baby who crawled away to explore.
2. A clean house & a well stocked kitchen (My husband rocks, Masha'Allah)
3. The nice advise nurse that assured me, several times, that Zayd's cold doesn't warrant an immediate trip to the ER.
4. Elmo DVDs
5. Heat
6. Being awake for fajr.
7. The blessing received from mothering -- what a beautiful merciful bonus.
8. A milk filled baby who crawled back for seconds.
9. The ability to type with one hand.
1o. My father sleeping downstairs.
11. My husband asleep upstairs.
12. Peppermint tea
13. Children's Motrin
14. Peace
15.Stillness
16. motherhood
17. Cold feet to remind me of those that do without
18. Found luggage that finally arrived at my doorstep
19. All my stuff
20. A life full of joy and trials

1 comment:

Howardhijabi said...

That is such a good idea....