Saturday, April 6, 2013

Waiting for Kimnuyho

Written:  Feb. 17, 2013

My dear sweet children,

    In two weeks, give or take a few days, we will, God-willingly, welcome the newest member of our family.  Loving refered to as IKEA, Gordon, Salama, and finally Kimnyoho (Kim-nyoo-ho), everyone is filled with a nervous excitement.

The idea of going back to baby stage is both daunting and appealing.  You two are gaining independence by the second.  If we were done having babies, our life would continue to take on a distinctive look of being diaper and sippy cup free, along with people actually being able to follow demands such as "Get in the car!", and "Put your shoes on!". At the same time, the idea of a new life, a baby in the home, overwhelms me with excitement.

I pray that I have the strength, organization, and fortitude to meet each one of your needs.  I know. even with the best of intentions, that there are times when I will fail.  I ask you in advance for your forgiveness, as I hold fast to my belief that God is Merciful.

I look forward to seeing you both grow and expand with the added responsibilities of a new sibling.  I know that you both will love him or her as much as you love one another.  That alone makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: