Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Plane, Trains & Automobiles -- Summer 2010

Z-Team,
This is our first day home after a month of being on the road. Thirty days, two states, two sets of grandparents, and more memories than I can ever count. Allah SWT is truly merciful. Our trip was amazing. I'm supposed to be unpacking, so I'm going to just log a few of my favorite memories in bullet form. Insha'Allah, I'll go into more detail at a later date.

Cali:
- Your grandmother's cooking (all time favorite for all of us)
- Riding the steam train with Uncle Ismael
- Jummah at Lighthouse
- Going to the beach with Grammy Jeddah after Jummah
- Riding the cable cars & spending the day in San Francisco with the whole family
- Zuri's 1st birthday at Fairyland
- Playing in the backyard
- The weather
- Catching up with The Bay Area community
- Watching you two play with your grandparents
- Walking the lake and farmer's markets
- Watching you two play with my brothers
- Spending time with The Thomas Family

Texas:
- Spending time with your grandparents
- Going out with your father while your grandparents watched you two
- The circus
- Backyard water play
-Swank date nights with your father


I know I am forgetting so many things that made the trip special. These are just a few of the things that really stuck out to me. Overall, I just thank Allah SWT for his mercy by bestowing such loving parents on your father and I. I truly pray for many more summers like this.


No comments: