Monday, April 19, 2010

Zuri at 9 months


Zuri Mamma is what I call you. You are the sweetest little toothless thing I've ever seen. You walk like you're on stilts-- your knees don't bend, and you are so ecstatic at your new found freedom that you literally fall over with pure joy and excitement. Zuri Mama. You are so shy around new people. It's funny getting to intimately know a shy person. In the home with us you are full of jokes and plenty of lip if anyone takes anything you feel rightfully belongs to you. Outside of the house, you are all about head hiding and arm clinging. You are my adorable little fuzzy headed koala bear.

Zuri Mama, I adore you. I'm so used to you sleeping in the crook of my arm that I often find myself positioned just such in my sleep. Zuri Zuu, you are still a late night milk monster. I wake up feeling like I ran a half-marathon each morning. Sometimes I wake Khalid just so he can listen to your greedy night gulping. We both know that technically big butted 9 month old babies don't have to nurse 50-11 times a night, but that doesn't seem to phase you. You are bedroom hater #1 extrodinaire-- you sleep RIGHT in the middle of the bed.

Zuri Mama, what type of woman will you be? I have mu hopes, dreams, and aspirations for you, but you have your own path to walk upon. I'll keep my thoughts between Allah and I..okay, at least I'll try. Zuri my love. My favorite surprise. My heaven sent friend. My daughter. My baby girl. The best of me, I pray. The best of me.

No comments: