Saturday, February 7, 2009

New Shoes

Zayd has the annoying habit of kicking off is shoes. He is notorious for sheddign his shoes and socks while in his carseat. He's also been known to kick a shoe or two off while in his stroller, or in a store. Most times we get lucky and notice before we stray too far from the show. However, our luck ran out last month, when Zayd decided to kick his shoe off on the National Mall. We were there with Khalid's parents, his Aunt, and our nephew. We don't know how long he rode around in his stroller with one shoe on, but we figure it was between the Museum of American Histoy, and the Vietnam War Memorial. I was so angry at Zayd. Here we go, spending good money on providing him with good shoes, and he goes and kicks it off.

My mother in law back tracked with me in a search for the missing shoe, however it was dark and late, so we decided to just call it a night. Zayd, obvlious to all of the hoopla, seemed to be very content with one sock exposed foot.

Today I finally headed to Stride Rite to get Zayd another pair of shoes. He's been wearing some winter boots that Grammy Jeddah (my mom) bought him in the meantime. Zayd has exclusively worn Clarks since he began to walk. I dind't feel like driving 40 minutes to the Clark's Outlet, so we ended up at our local Stride Rite. I found a decent pair of shoes that looked sturdy, were made of leather, and were flexible. These ones have ties, so I'm hoping that if i tie them tight, he can't kick them off.