Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Million Dollar Question






We heard him whining, but what's new. He whines when he's bored or pissed off at one of us. This seems like most of the time. We respond, but kind of on our time. I was baking cookies, while Khalid attempted to keep up with the flurry of dishes I created while I was "creating." I met Zayd's whine with a few, "Okay, Mommy sees her big boy!" Khalid made a few of his trademark funny faces--we both kept to business as usual.

I looked over and noticed that he'd stopped jumping. As I headed to pick him up, I noticed that his head continued to bob downward. I signaled Khalid and we both watched in amazement as Zayd fought a losing fight with sleep. We stood there in utter disbelief. The silence was so loud! We contemplated moving him to his bed. We discussed whether the position was bad for his back. We tried to weigh the pros and cons of moving him, versus leaving him alone. In the end, we decided to leave him alone. Eventually he'd wake up we figured. In the meantime, we not read a bit, type a blog entry or two.

1 comment:

Umm Amirah said...

LET SLEEPING BABIES LAY!!LOL